Part One: Please Describe and Explain 5 items that you would use for the care of Magical Creatures. ie: mittens for handling of poisonous plants, goggles etc. There are no wrong answers as long as they can describe how the object is used. You will received 5 points for each described item and 5 points if you post an original photo of everyday items found around your home to represent each item. (originality marker rules applies for photos)
My originality marker…
1) If someone was brave silly enough to own a pet Basilisk, they’d need a mirror with which to look at it, in order to reduce death to petrification. For instance, I know my neighbor knows not to look at his without something like this…
2) To calm a Bowtruckle enough to remove wood from its tree, you’d need to offer it fairy eggs…
3) A good sturdy pair of shoes is all that’s needed to rid oneself of a pogrebin that might be tailing you. If a stunning spell doesn’t work, just kick it…
4) If you’re going to breed any type of magical creature you need blankets to keep the babies warm…
5) Nifflers are superb creatures for collecting gold, but you need shiny coins to attract them in the first place…
Part Two: Complete the following quiz about House Elves. 5 points for each correct answer.
1. Please describe the physical appearance of a house elf.
A house elf is short, pale and weak looking, with big ears and big sad eyes. They usually wear nothing, although some acquire some type of rag.
2. Kreacher is the house elf of which wizarding family?
Kreacher belongs to the Black family, although when Sirius Black dies he is inherited by Harry Potter.
3. What is Hermione Granger making for the house elves?
Hermione makes hats for the house elves and leaves them around Hogwarts in order to trick the elves into accepting them.
4. How do you free a house elf?
To free a house elf, you need to present it with an item of clothing.
5. What does S.P.E.W. stand for?
Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
Part Three: Bonus/Extra Credit assignment. For a bonus assignment, knit or crochet a SPEW project that will be sent to our lovely Ms. Mooney as part of this year’s S.P.E.W project. You will receive 25 points for your completed project.
I did start this project, but haven’t been able to finish it. I hope that by showing a picture of my progress I can receive part points at least.