I finished another project piece… finally!
I’m not too sure how I feel about this one. There’s a bit of a story to go with it. When I was putting together the list of projects for the challenge, I picked a cross stitch piece of the mask from the Phantom of the Opera. When I actually decided to work that piece I had a problem. There was shading… about four different colours, but no key. I didn’t know which colours to use. I couldn’t remember where I’d gotten the pattern from. Somewhere on the internet, ages and ages ago. I googled, a lot. I searched for a couple of days to try and find the pattern again, so I could find the key, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. So I redrew it. Sketched the shape a billion times until it was right, then added some shading. But I only used one shade other than the white, and I’m not an artist so I don’t know the art of shading. But I did it. And I stitched it, eventually.
Half of me isn’t sure it turned out too well, but I look at it sideways I think it worked. So I’m a little dubious, but it’s done, so I can move on.
148 to go