So… I have this satchel that I got for about £3 in a charity shop a billion years ago. It came with a big corporate logo, so I decided to customise.
I love this bag. The strap is just the right length to go over me comfortably (something I have trouble finding), and I get lots of compliments on it – from people I know and from random strangers in the street.
There is one little problem with it though. When I open it up to get something out, you see this…
I finally got sick of it, and decided to make a cover. I couldn’t just sew a piece of fabric on though, because I’m continuously editing the front. So I used these really cool hammer in popper things. After I’d handstitched the hem of some funky American flag fabric.
While I was doing some adjustments I switched out the strap too. This satchel has a plain strap that’s a clip at one end, and attached at the other. My other favourite bag has a rainbow strap that I added, that has clips at both ends. I wanted to be able to use that strap for this bag too, but first I had to cut and sew something to attach it to.
And here’s a close up of that little turquoise bit because I’m proud of the presentation I did.
So there you have it. Another Project 200 piece.
61 to go