1) I am thankful for my animals. As I write I have Jasper on my chest, Smudge curled up by my right, Fatty curled up on my left, and Gracie asleep at my feet.
2) I am thankful that I’m healthy. I may not be the fittest person in the world, but I am not sick, and I’m healthy.
3) I’m thankful that I can live with my mum. There was a time when we couldn’t stand each other and I moved three hundred miles to get away from her. Our relationship has completely changed now.
4) I’m thankful for my job. There might not be a lot of work for me at the moment, but there is work still. There are a lot of people who have no work at all. And I have this wonderful job that suits my particular needs perfectly.
5) I am thankful for my friends. I don’t have a lot of them, but the ones that I do have are just right.
6) I am thankful for my freedom. I don’t think about politics or current affairs too much, cos they depress me. But I know that in many places all over the world people can’t just decide to go for a bus ride, or to take a trip abroad.
7) I am thankful for my skills. I can’t repair a car, or fix the boiler, but I can cook and create tasty meals for my family and friends. I can sew and create skirts that I like in any fabric that I can find. I can knit and crochet and create all kinds of beautiful objects.
8) I am thankful for the internet. And that I live in an age where I can use it so easily. There is a wealth of information and connections online, and I’m not sure where I’d be if I hadn’t had access to it.
9) I am thankful for ice cream! Especially when my favourite ice cream is on offer at the local supermarket. By extension, I’m thankful that I have such easy access to a huge variety of food.
10) I am thankful for this outlet to express myself, whether or not anyone reads it.