Recently I have made a new friend online. And over the last ten days I’ve been doing a 100 item scavenger hunt that he wrote especially for me:
1) Take a picture of something that is skeuomorph.
2) Take a picture of three Japanese people each with at least one camera.
3) Take a selfie with a cow.
4) Three gingers in one picture.
5) Buy one grape.
6) Take an escalator in the wrong direction.
7) Depict a famous expression.
9) Make a piece of artwork from things you find on the street.
10) Find a painting that has a rainbow on it.
11) Take a picture of any word that is written in the Thai language.
12) Sit in a box.
13) Travel at least few yards in an uncommon vehicle.
14) Dress up a statue.
15) Wear a mask.
16) Take a picture of at least five people that are celebrating Halloween.
17) Take a picture of a sign and make it naughty by blocking 1 letter with your finger/hand.
18) Find a street name with 4 different vowels in its name.
19) Find a product that costs exactly 9.99 pounds.
20) Take a picture of any South Park figure.
21) Find Waldo.
22) Write a Haiku.
23) Lollypop in your mouth.
24) Find a picture of the Queen Mom.
25) Create a new cocktail and give it a name.
26) Dress up as a character from Harry Potter.
27) Take a selfie with three books balanced on your head.
28) Challenge: drink 1 liter of water in 3 minutes.
29) Write a poem about unicorns.
30) Win a game of Wordfeud or Scrabble.
31) Cover yourself with bed linen under the Chapel of the Holy Ghost.
32) Find anything that is over 500 years old.
33) Picture something ironic.
34) Leave a message in a bottle.
35) Make your cat sit like a person.
36) Furry mustache!
37) Take a picture with your hair and clothes as if your front is your back and vice versa.
38) At least 30 clothes pins on your skin J – more is better.
39) Find a garden gnome.
40) Cover all of your skin with 1 color, not being black.
41) Login to your Neopets account and feed at least one Neopet.
42) Stuff 4 stuffed animals, plushies of crochet figures in your bra with their heads sticking out.
43) Eat a sandwich with at least 6 different layers.
44) Find a red letter ‘G’.
45) Stand on one leg for 15 seconds.
46) Blow on any wind instrument.
47) Make a funny face exactly at midnight.
48) Use any object in an uncommon way.
49) Use candy to pimp your face.
50) Learn to count to 10 in a language you don’t know yet.
51) Sing karaoke!
52) Take a picture of at least a 100 identical things.
53) Make a spoof of the Ten Commandments, for cats.
54) Take a picture from a bridge.
55) Take a picture of a fire-fighter.
56) Pose with a tennis-racket.
57) Come up with a suggestion to win the Bulwer-Lytton contest.
58) Do the Macarena
59) Destroy something with your rack.
60) Draw an animal with your eyes closed.
61) Score a 1000 points at anything.
62) Feed a horse.
63) Do an attempt at breaking a world record.
64) Make your cousin smile.
65) Prove ‘No man is an island’ to be wrong.
66) Something with polka-dots.
67) Travel back in time.
68) Depict any mythical God.
69) Design a new Magic: The Gathering card.
70) Score a goal.
71) Type the alphabet in 4 seconds.
72) Balance 4 apples on top of each other.
73) Tell a joke.
74) Dress up as a character from a fairytale.
75) Find a squirrel.
76) Find another squirrel.
77) Guess someone’s bra size.
79) Party in an elevator.
80) Find green stockings.
81) Pretend a banana is a phone.
82) Fit 4 bearded people in one picture.
83) Take a picture of a sign that says forbidden to take pictures.
84) Free assignment.
85) Clean up something.
86) Depict ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon.
87) Frame yourself.
89) Make a Thumb superhero.
90) Create an optical illusion.
91) Wear a dress of newspapers.
92) Wear a kippa.
93) Excel at something.
94) Be terrible at something else.
95) Play ‘God save the Queen’ on any musical instrument.
96) Find a statue that depics at least 2 people.
97) Find an image of Big Bird.
98) Find someone that looks remotely like Daniel Radcliffe.
99) Wear something that you created.
100) Finish the word searcher included.
Some of these were VERY challenging for me, but I did my best. So let me present:
#3: take a selfie with a cow
#4: three gingers in one picture.
#5: buy one grape.
Should Susie send secret signals to her sensual serendipitous soul mate, or should she sip sweet sangria as she sits in sweats on the sofa?
#10: find a painting that has a rainbow in it
#15: wear a mask.
#18: find a street name with 4 different vowels in its name.
#19: find a product that costs exactly £9.99
Here’s some gorgeous fabric
And its price tag.
#22: find waldo
#22: write a haiku.
How much alcohol,
Is just too much alcohol?
What if I’m Irish?
#23: a picture with a lollypop in my mouth.
#25: create a cocktail and give it a name.
I present, the Passionate Kiwi. It was very tasty.
#27: take a selfie with three books balanced on your head.
#28: drink 1 litre of water in 3 minutes.
Have a very very bad video. Ignore the dodgy sound, and the fact that I was a muppet and held the camera wrong.
#29: write a poem about unicorns.
Warning, I went with a limerick.
#36: furry mustache.
(complete with very wonky eye)
#39: find a garden gnome
#42: stuff 4 stuffed animals in your bra with their heads sticking out
#43: eat a sandwich with at least 6 layers
Highly tasty and filling sandwich 🙂
#44: find a red letter ‘G’.
#47: make a funny face exactly at midnight
#52: take a picture of at least 100 identical things.
480 yummy marshmallows
#53: make a spoof of the Ten Commandments, for cats
1) Thou shalt not let thy human think it is boss
2) Thou shalt catch the red dot
3) Thou shalt not let thy human go to the bathroom alone
4) Thou must bring at least one half chewed carcass home a week
5) Thou must appear deceptively cute and cuddly at all times
6) Thou must only lick thy butt in public
7) Thou must always assist thy human in their paperwork by spreading the sheets around
8) Thou must always show thanks for treats by leaving scratches in the furniture
9) Thou must test each and every box for strength and comfort
10) Thou must willingly accept worship from all forms of life
#54: take a picture from a bridge
#57: come up with a suggestion to win the Bulwer-Lytton contest.
For the uninitiated, this is a contest to create the worst starting line for a story ever. And here’s my entry:
It was a dark and stormy night, and the prince and princess were about to meet.
#60: draw an animal with your eyes closed.
Here’s a monkey doodle that I do quite a lot:
And here’s how it looks when I draw it with my eyes closed:
#61: score a 1000 points at anything.
Here I score 3150 points and beat my own highscore on the iWhovian app:
#63: do an attempt at breaking a world record
On the Guinness World Records website there’s this wonderful section called Challengers, where you can pick a simple (ish) record to have a go at beating. I picked Fruit Ninja. The challenge being to get the highest score on classic mode of the Fruit Ninja iOS/Android app. The current world record is 1743 points. I played for a good two hours and came up with this:
#64: make your cousin smile
Going on the assumption that he meant my niece, since I’ve never mentioned any cousins to him…
#66: something with polka dots
#73: tell a joke.
Here’s my absolute favourite:
What’s brown and sticky?
#81: pretend a banana is a phone.
#83: take a picture of a sign that says forbidden to take pictures
#87: frame yourself
#93: Excel at something.
I excel at doodling.
#94: be terrible at something else
I am apparently terrible at scavenger hunts.
#96: find a statue that depicts at least 2 people
#99: wear something that you created
#100: complete the word searcher included.
And here is an attempt, in case my friend feels generous enough to award half-points.
#72: balance 4 apples on top of each other.
Since I am the only person playing, my friend has set a number in his head for me to pass in order to win. I’ll let you know if I do.
I had great fun 😀