Do you remember years ago when quizzes and surveys used to fill the walls of Facebook and Tumblr and MySpace and Bebo? They were pointless and procrastinating, but I loved them. I love filling in forms, and I love typing – so they were a perfect waste of time for me.
Recently one of the Tumblrs that I follow decided he wanted to do one of those….
And it made me want to do another one – or six – so here I go.
1) Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed?
Currently my wardrobe doesn’t shut properly, so open. But I have no fear of what’s inside it. Me and the monster are friends.
2) Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels?
Usually only one, and not because I want/need them, but because I’m a souvenir freak.
3) Have you ever “done it” in a hotel room?
Yep. I do “it” wherever and whenever I can.
4) Where is your next vacation?
I have no idea. I was going to go back to Dublin for my birthday in October, but then I got a craving for America. So then I was trying to decide where in America I should go. But I decided I’d rather save money to move and decorate than go on holiday this year. So I dunno.
5) Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
Yes. And a traffic cone, although not on the same drunken encounter.
6) Who do you think reads these?
No one, probably. But then I’m not even convinced that anyone reads my blog at all.
7) Do you have a calendar in your room?
I do, but more for the pictures. I have an Edward Monkton calendar this year. It’s cute and hilarious.
8) Where are you?
I am sat at the big gorgeous dining table of the communal area in the residential hostel where I currently live. It’s a lovely big and bright room, and at the moment the other residents aren’t being too obnoxious.
9) What’s your plan for the day?
Blogging. Scheduling blogs for here, writing posts for the website I’m going to set up for my store, scheduling posts for the store’s Facebook page.
10) Are you reading any books right now?
I’m reading Wicked in my bathroom, Welcome to Night Vale transcripts on my phone, and the Anita Blake series on my iPad.
11) Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
12) Have you ever peed in the woods?
13) Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
Yes. But not in front of people. I don’t ever dance in front of people.
14) Do you chew your pens and pencils?
15) What is your “song of the week”?
I am currently obsessed with Rains of Castermere from Game of Thrones.
16) Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
Guys can wear whatever colour they want.
17) Do you still watch cartoons?
Yes. I love cartoons. I love most telly actually.
18) What’s your favourite love movie?
I guess it’d be one of the bajillion of Disney movies I love.
19) What do you drink with dinner?
Juice usually. I’m not a wine drinker, and I only have one or two hot drinks a week.
20) What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in?
21) What is your favourite food/cuisine?
22) What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
23) Last person you hugged/kissed?
My sister Jennie.
24) Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
I was a Brownie Guide, a Guide, a Scout, a Venture Scout and a Network Scout.
25) Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
26) When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
Yesterday. I love penpals. I always need more penpals.
27) Can you change the oil on a car?
28) Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
I don’t drive, but I’ve been in a car that has gotten speeding tickets.
29) Run out of gas?
30) Favourite kind of sandwich?
Egg mayo. Or meat and mayo.
31) Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Fruit and orange juice.
32) What is your usual bedtime?
I have a highly erratic pattern and have no regular time.
33) Are you lazy?
Yes. But not as much as people think. Half of it is lethargy and tiredness caused by my depression.
34) When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
We don’t really do Halloween in the UK – which sucks! I don’t recall ever getting dressed up as a kid.
35) Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
A couple of cross stitch magazines, an art therapy magazine, a Doctor Who encyclopedia collection.
36) Which are better, Legos or Lincoln Logs?
I don’t even know what Lincoln Logs are!
37) Are you stubborn?
No! Of course not! (Yes).
38) Who is better… Leno or Letterman?
Never watched either.
39) Ever watch soap operas?
I’ve been through phases of watching them, but what I really watch at the moment is Casualty.
40) Afraid of heights?
41) Sing in the car?
I sing all the time. But not really in front of people I don’t know really well.
42) Dance in the shower?
No. I’m too much of a klutz. I’d probably kill myself.
43) Dance in the car?
44) Ever used a gun?
As a Guide I think I did a rifle shooting exercise once.
45) Do you think musicals are cheesy?
I love musicals! But yes, some of them are cheesy. That’s what makes them good.
46) Is Christmas stressful?
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! It’s my favourite time of year.
47) Ever eat a pierogi?
I don’t have a clue, I don’t know what one is.
48) Major annoyance right now?
A certain annoying resident here who seems hell bent on making my life miserable.
49) Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Oh I changed my mind every day. And I can’t remember any of them now. Mind you, I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up, and I am (technically) a grown up now.
50) Do you believe in ghosts?
Yep. And fairies and werewolves and vampires and dragons.
51) Ever have a deja-vu feeling?
Quite often. It’s just a glitch in the Matrix.
52) Do you take a vitamin daily?
53) Wear slippers?
Sometimes, but my feet get too hot too easily.
54) Wear a bath robe?
55) What do you wear to bed?
If I have a bathroom I can get to without being in public, nothing. Like here – I have an en suite room. But when I was at my Mum’s I had to walk down the hallway so I wore pajamas.
56) Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart?
I have never been to either Target nor K-Mart but I love love love Wal-Mart.
57) Nike or Adidas?
58) Cheetos or Fritos?
59) Peanuts or sunflower seeds?
60) Ever hear of “gorp”?
Nope – but I’ll go google it in a minute.
61) Ever taken karate?
Nope, but I’m considering starting Tai Chi.
62) Ever kissed someone of the same sex?
63) Can you curl your tongue?
I didn’t know that some people couldn’t.
64) Ever won a spelling bee?
We don’t have them in England, but I’d like to enter one.
65) Ever cried because you were so happy?
A few times.
66) Own any record albums?
67) Own a record player?
Nope – so it’s just as well I don’t have any albums.
68) Regularly burn incense?
Nope – I prefer wax tartlets in oil burners.
69) Ever been in love?
70) Hot tea or cold tea?
Hot tea. Hot, sweet, milky and weak. – kinda how I like my men.
71) Tea or coffee?
Tea, but I prefer hot chocolate.
72) Favourite kind of cookie?
73) Can you swim well?
Enough to stay afloat, yeah.
74) Can you hold your breath without manually holding your nose?
75) Are you patient?
76) Ever won a contest?
Yes, but not recently.
77) Ever had plastic surgery?
78) Which are better, black or green olives?
79) Can you knit or crochet?
I can do both. As well as sew, cross stitch, bead, origami, hama……
80) Wash room or bathroom?
Bathroom, or loo.
81) Do you want to get married?
Yes. One day before I’m too old to enjoy it would be nice.
82) Who was your High School crush?
I didn’t really have one – was too busy looking at the floor and trying to not get myself noticed.
83) Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
84) Do you have kids?
85) Do you want kids?
Hopefully one day.
86) What kind of mom are you?
Well, a non-existent one.
87) Do you miss anyone right now?
I miss my sister and my baby niece, I miss my other sister, I miss my best friend, and I miss my ex.
88) Who do you want to see right now?
My baby niece!
Got any more suggestions for silly surveys?