Following on from my 16 Things I Won’t Be Doing This Summer blog last week, here are some things I do plan to do…
1) Celebrate my adorable niece’s 1st birthday! She’s just the best most beautiful most smooshy thing on the planet and I absolutely worship her.
2) Move! Hopefully. My position on the housing register has changed and hopefully I’ll be getting a proper place of my own soon and can move out of the residential hostel type place I’m in at the moment.
3) Smell freshly cut grass. I love that smell. It’s one of my favourite things about summer, and I don’t have many. I’m a winter girl.
4) Sleep with the windows open. But this is an all year round thing for me.
5) See a summer blockbuster. Probably. I love movies.
6) Stargaze while lying on the grass. You don’t get a pretty good view of stars from the middle of a town, but I could take a trip a bit further out to do this one 🙂
7) Have a picnic in the park. Probably. I do like picnics.
8) Have a barbecue. I might not host one myself, but I hope I shall attend one.
9) Eat a slice of watermelon. A slice? I’d eat a whole one.
10) Blow bubbles. I love bubbles! And my cats find them quite entertaining too. Oooo, I saw some cat nip bubbles on Amazon a while ago. I might get some of them.
11) Spend as much time indoors as I do normally. I don’t particularly find the summer a good excuse to go outside. The heat bothers me. I’m much more comfortable staying inside.
12) Get sun burned. When I do venture outside I usually forget to put on lotion and end up with a couple of nice shiny red patches.
(Some ideas taken from this list.)