I know, I know, January ended weeks ago. But I’ve been really distracted. I have managed to get in January’s progress before February ended. Just.
One of the challenges I set myself for 2016 was to finish some of the Works In Progress I’ve had gathering for years. I did state in that blog post that I wasn’t going to stop myself starting new projects, but that I wanted to end each month with fewer than I started with. By the end of the year I’d like to have 50% of my starting number (which was 31), as well as having finished 50% of those original 31.
So how did I do in January?
Well, it’s a damn good job I decided I was still allowed to start projects. I started…a few. 30 actually. Which, considering my starting number was 31, is quite impressive.
However, I finished 29 projects!
These included a whole buttload (technical term) of star plushies.
And some adorable pouches.
That middle one used a LOT of yarn and time. Given that, and the fact that I made this dragon egg using the same technique, I’m surprised I got so much done.
I wouldn’t call myself a mathematician, but even I know that 30 minus 29 does not mean that I’ve ended the month with fewer WIPs than I started with. However, I’m not so bothered because I finished three projects from my original 31.
In December I started to improvise a little snowman amigurumi, but ran out of the yarn. In January I finished this off by turning it into this little dude.
In May (told you I’d had these WIPs for a while) I made two granny hexagons that I’ve been meaning to turn into a cushion for months. In January I finally got around to doing that.
And way back in November 2014 I started making 1000 Lucky Stars. In January this year I finished them (blog post upcoming).
Starting # of wips – 31
# of wips at end of January – 32
Starting # of original wips – 31
# of original wips at end of January – 28
Tune in in a day or two (hopefully) for February’s progress.