Stash Busting Progress – January

I repeat what I said yesterday:  I know, I know, January ended weeks ago.  But I’ve been really distracted.  I have managed to get in January’s progress before February ended.  Just.

One of the challenges I set myself for 2016 was to use up some of my quite sizeable stash of yarn. My goal for the year was to end up with less than 50% of my original total – 275 balls. I am still allowed to buy yarn, but I have to use lots too.

So how did I do in January?

Well, I did add some yarn.  I added 7 balls to my stash.  But I used a LOT more than that.  I used up 17 balls of stash in total.

Quite a bit of that went on the crocodile stitch bag and dragon egg I showed you yesterday.   Here is the lovely dragon egg in question.

2016-01-31 19.48.36

As well as that, and all the other projects I finished in January, I started a scarf for my mum and made a gazillion patches for the Blanket of Many Million Patches – one of the WIPs I hope to finish this year.

Starting stash # – 275

# added to stash in January – 7

# of stash used in January – 17

Stash # at the end of January – 265



About Colette Horsburgh

A 30-something creator/baker/writer/artist/crafter living with several (but not enough) scatty animals.
This entry was posted in Craft, Yearly Challenges. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Stash Busting Progress – January

  1. Pingback: Stash Busting Progress – March to May | Random Ramblings of Celeena Cree

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.