One of the things on my Bucket List was to make 1000 of these little origami lucky stars.
My last update about this particular challenge was waayyy back in September, when I nearly reached my total and started thinking about ways to display them when they were done.
Well the first thing I did was decide that one demijohn was enough, and that spares could be used for other crafty purposes yet to be determined. So when I had enough, the first step was to lay them all out so I could admire how pretty they are…
That is a LOT of lucky stars. 1180 to be precise. So, challenge met! Now to make them look good. I separated them into colours….
…and got my jar.
In my last update in September I worked out that one jar held 900 stars. So 900 divided by 7 colours was approximately 129 of each colour. And in they went! I tried to get them to layer as much as possible without clumping. I think I did a fairly good job.
I did, of course, have a whole bunch of leftover stars. I managed to get a few more purple stars in the jar, so I have 271 left over.
I’ve got some ideas for what to do with them, but that involves experimentation. Keep an eye out in the future.
PS> This what happens when you try to take photos when there’s a cat around…