I started the year with 275 balls of yarn and I planned to use 50% by the end of the year, and have a smaller number at the end of each month.
In December I used 2 balls of yarn, but then I decided it’d be a good idea to make a scarf using a swatch of every colour of Stylecraft Special DK Yarn, so I added 5 balls. I’m not counting all the balls I got for Christmas.
Starting stash # – 275
Stash # at the end of November – 206
# added to stash in December – 5
# of stash used in December – 2
Stash # at the end of December – 209
209 is definitely NOT 50% of 275, so overall the challenge was a failure. As for the having a smaller number at the end of each month.. I managed that in January, February and March. I went up a little in April, down in May, up in June, down every month from July to November and then back up in December. Down more months than up, I guess that’s a little bit of a win.
It was a silly idea to bust stash anyway. The more the merrier!!